HOW GEOTHERMAL HEATING AND COOLING WORKS FOR YOUR HOME!
Geothermal heating and cooling systems take advantage of the stable temperatures underground using a special piping system, commonly referred to as a "loop." Water circulates in the loop to exchange heat between your home, the heat pump, and the earth, providing heating, cooling, and supplementing hot water at remarkably high efficiency.
A geothermal system transfers heat from the earth to the home in the winter and from the home back to the earth in the summer. The earth stays at a more constant temperature than widely varying air temperatures. Because heat energy is being moved, and not created, geothermal systems operate at higher efficiency than ordinary heating and cooling systems.
In winter, conventional furnaces burns expensive fossil fuel to create heat while geothermal systems simply moves heat from the relatively warmer earth around your property to inside your home.
During the summer months conventional air conditioning units uses an excessive amount of electricity to run a powerful compressor to remove hot air from your home. Geothermal systems can move the heat out of your home using just a small amount of electricity.
Advantages of Geothermal Systems:
- Can be used to heat and cool your home.
- 25% to 50% less electricity than conventional heating or cooling systems
- Comfortable—Constant, even comfort with no hot or cold spots.
- Extremely efficient operation.
- Geothermal uses renewable energy.
- Safe and clean—No flame, no combustion, no odors; just safe, reliable operation year after year.
- Geothermal systems have long equipment life (20 years and more).
- Low maintenance (for a closed loop ground loop).
- No noisy outdoor units such as you would find with standard AC.
- 30% Federal Tax credit and some power companies have rebates.
Contact our knowledgeable staff at Ecofriendly Mechanical today to see if geothermal is a good option for your home!Contact Us